Mini Meccano Show 2020
Saturday 5 December 2020
10:00am – 5:00pm
Falconwood Community Centre
31–39 Falconwood Parade
Children aged up to 16 may enter free when accompanied by a paying adult.
Current government guidance dictates that this year’s show will have to be cancelled. We will make a final decision in early November as government guidance may change again.
Please check this page before your visit in case we have to cancel the show.
Cut-down show, cut-down price!
While we can’t run our normal show this year, we still have plenty of amazing working models of cars, cranes, trains and much more for you to see, all built from Meccano, the famous construction toy invented by Frank Hornby in 1901.
We will be following government guidance on COVID-19 for your safety:
- A maximum of 25 visitors will be allowed into the venue at a time.
- A one-way flow around the venue will be in operation to allow visitors and exhibitors to maintain 2m separation.
- Visitors will not be able to touch the models.
- Visitors over 11 years old must wear a face covering unless they are exempt.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be available near the entrance and the toilets.
Please be considerate to other visitors and exhibitors, and understand that you may be asked to queue for entry or return later in the day if the venue is at capacity. You may also be asked to leave if you have completed a circuit of the one-way system and there are other visitors queuing to enter.
When you enter you will be asked to provide a contact name and telephone number to assist NHS Test and Trace, should contact tracing be required. This data will be deleted after 21 days.
Sadly due to the coronavirus pandemic the following attractions won’t be available at our show this year:
- The Meccano Creative Challenge
- The Make It With Meccano workshop
- Sales of Meccano sets and parts