Henwick Primary School Summer Fair 2018
Saturday 7 July 2018
Henwick Primary School
The following members attended this event on 7th July (apologies if I’ve left anything out — I’m doing this from memory):
- Brian Leach: Dinosaur, as always roaring, walking and swishing its tail etc. to the delight of spectators; Mantel clock with Heath Robinson drive to the back; Snakes and Ladders game.
- Brian Elvidge: Three-wheeled car with suspension; Tractor with tipping trailer (I think the former was based on a Märklin plan).
- Chris Warrell: Othello game which several people played; Dalek; Bicycle; Humanoid robot; Submersible with manipulators.
- Peter Clay: Baby Meccanograph. It produced designs but the breeze prevented them being displayed.
- Adrian Ashford: A hand-cranked windmill, boat and a battery-powered cement mixer.
We were as before in the school hall with tables and (child-sized!) seats. Unfortunately, due to the England vs. Sweden World Cup match, the time of the event was put forward by an hour to 11:00am to 2:00pm. This may have led to fewer people attending, with the hot weather keeping them outside. The day still went well — our models were well received, and the Make It With Meccano workshop had several participants.
Henwick Primary School did well, having plenty of tables ready and laminated signs made for us, and we got a free lunch and drinks!