June 2021 Meeting
Saturday 12 June 2021
12:00 noon – 5:00pm
Falconwood Community Centre
31–39 Falconwood Parade
This is one of our informal quarterly meetings where our members show off their latest Meccano creations.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic we will be following social distancing guidelines:
- We will arrange tables such that members are spaced 2m apart. To give us time to set up this table layout, please do not arrive before 12:00 noon.
- We will provide hand sanitiser on a table near the entrance with suitable signage requiring everyone to use it.
- Anyone bringing Meccano to sell should have sanitiser for people to use before and after touching parts.
- Refreshments will be not be served. While tea and coffee will be available for members to make themselves, members are encouraged to bring their own food, drinks and utensils.
- Face coverings should be worn by all members unless they are exempt.
Meccano trader Ted Muggridge will be in attendance.
At around 2:00pm we will have our Annual General Meeting of the committee (postponed from our cancelled meeting in January), followed by the Model Tour in which members are invited to give a short talk about their models — in particular their entries for the Secretary’s Challenge!
You are welcome to come along to view the models and chat to our members. If you want to bring along a model of your own, we’d love to see it! Only if you attend our meetings regularly will you be asked to pay our annual subscription charge.
Please contact our Secretary Chris Warrell if you would like membership information, or just turn up at this meeting if you’re curious and are thinking of joining us.
The Floating Models Secretary’s Challenge
This Challenge has come from Richard Marsden and it’s something he suggested a few years ago, but I put it on the back burner.
It is to build a model that can float in water. You can only use standard Meccano — no plastic parts to aid buoyancy!